Since 2021, the Crossover software that allows the installation of Windows applications on a Mac computer is experiencing a lot of stability issues. Unfortunately, their team is not able to guarantee 100% compatibility of Darkroom with their software on all Mac computers.
If you have a Windows computer, we strongly recommend that you use it to develop your photos.
You can also discover our mobile app Exposio Real Estate Camera as well as the Canon SL3 camera which allows you to stop using the Darkroom.
For Mac, a third party application is required that is called Crossover. There is a cost associated with this but we will give you the exact same amount in Exposio credits.
The $59.95 USD license is sufficient to run Dakroom.
However, if a new operating system from Apple is available and Crossover requires an upgrade, a new license will have to be purchased.
Step by step guide
Simply enter a name and an email address to access the download.
2) Download the following file containing the necessary utilities: FILE TO DOWNLOAD
The password to unlock the file is: demo
4) Start the installation of Crossover.
The computer will ask you if you really want to open the application. Click on open.
5) Agree to move to the Applications Folder.
6) Agree to check for updates automatically.
7) Click on Try Crossover to launch the 14-days trial version.
Don't forget to purchase a license afterwards to continue using the software.
8) Click on the three bottles on the top left to open more options.
9) In the top menu, click on Bottle and Import Bottle Archive
10) Select the second downloaded file with the name of: Dependency_64-bit.cxarchive
10) Change the name of the bottle to Exposio Darkroom and select Create.
11) Once finished, the place where we will install Darkroom will be created.
12) Select the Exposio Darkroom bottle on the left and click on the Run Command icon.
13) By clicking on Browse, go to seek the file of installation of Darkroom : ExposioDarkroom.exe
Once selected, click on Run.
14) Complete all installation steps by accepting all applications. Some steps may take a few moments.
15) At the end of the installation, deselect the option : Launch Exposio Darkroom 4.1.5
16) Close the command window by clicking on the red X button.
17) You can drag and drop the Exposio Darkroom icon into your Dock-bar at the bottom of the screen.
18) You are now ready to use the Darkroom software.