This is the new capture method to replace the discontinued Trigger at Exposio.
With an Android device and a USB connection to the camera, the Exposio app allows it to act as a trigger. With this new method, it is possible to develop the photos directly in your Android device and preview the result directly on location.
The source photos are always saved in the SD card of the camera which allows you to use Darkroom to develop the photos in a computer.
Cable required for connection:
- Mini USB OTG cable (USB-mini USB)
- OTG USB->USB-C cable
List of supported cameras to date:
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i / 750D / Kiss X8i
- Canon EOS Rebel T6 / 1300D / Kiss X8
- Canon EOS Rebel T5i / 700D / Kiss X7i
List of recommended Android devices (other devices may work):
- Galaxy Tab A8
- Galaxy Tab A7
How to use your Android device with the camera
1) Download and install the Exposio Still Camera application
2) Turn the function wheel on the top of your camera to the manual position (M).
3) On the lens of your camera, set the slider to autofocus (AF).
4) Connect the wire between the camera and your phone.
5) Open the Exposio Camera app.
6) Turn on your camera.
7) Check Always + Allow Exposio Real Estate Camera to access Canon Digital Camera
8) Select Exposio from the list of available applications and click on Always.
It is important not to choose an application other than Exposio in this list.